EXPLORE: CLIMATE ACTION SEMINAR
Join EXPLORE: CLIMATE ACTION seminar in Kenya, February 2024!
In 2024, DUF aim to strengthen the focus on climate, and the capacity to take climate action across different activities. This seminar brings together engaged youth from organizations in Kenya, Zimbabwe, and Denmark with the aim to explore and get inspiration on how to consider climate action within ongoing projects, and to develop new project ideas.
Do you want to start a new international project?
A DUF member organizations can partner up with an international organization on the seminar to:
- Learn more about local climate challenges
- Get inspiration on how to take climate action
- Explore how to consider climate and sustainability in projects
- Visit local organizations working on climate issues in Kenya
- Network with Kenyan, Zimbabwean and Danish youth with a key interest in climate and sustainability
Dates: 10-18th of February 2024
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The seminar is organized and co-facilitated by Youth Alive Kenya, YETT in Zimbabwe and DUF.
How to apply
If you do not have an international partnership you write an e-mail to Celine Lilienhoff Jagd, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information about the application. The deadline for this opportunity has passed.
If you have an international partnership in Kenya or Zimbabwe you apply together as partnership. Each organization can send two (2) representatives.
There is free application method – Send a motivation letter, power point presentation, movie, pictures, a collage, podcast, paintings, scrapbook, brochure etc. you decide. Keep it short and simple. We value engagement, commitment, and motivation in the application.
The application must consist of:
- Your motivation as a partnership for participating?
- Your perspective on climate action.
- How your partnership can benefit from your participation.
Deadline for applications: December 4, 2023, on this link.
DUF cover all costs (transportation national and international, food, vaccinations, insurance, visa etc.).
- Highly motivated, wanting to network and learn more about climate action.
- Age between 18-30.
- Be able to participate in preparatory meeting and the international seminar EXPLORE: CLIMATE ACTION in Kenya.
- You need to apply as a partnership
- It is not a requirement that you have experience with global networks and climate action. The focus is on learning and participation.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
If any questions feel free to reach out to Celine Lilienhoff Jagd, Program Manager, at email@example.com