Open Call - PARTICIPATE
Now you have the chance to be a part of the youth network PARTICIPATE!
In 2022 DUF initiated a partnership with Youth Alive! Kenya and Youth Empowerment and Transformation Trust (YETT) in Zimbabwe. The purpose of the network is to engage young people in civil society and focusses on youth-led and youth-driven projects within the theme’s democracy, dialogue, and transformative leadership.
PARTICIPATE 2022 consist of “Learning Labs” in Denmark, participation in the international PARTICIPATE Seminar in Kenya and the creation of a youth-led project in your own organization.
- The “Learning Labs” is a network of Danish young people form DUFs member organization who will participate in 3 days of workshops where they will investigate; What is democracy and the democratic conversation, democratic action, participation, advocacy and influence in society, partnerships, and global solidarity. Furthermore, you will be skill build in dialogue, way of living a democratic life and how to do international projects like a boss!
- The international PARTICIPATE Seminar is a network across borders where you will interact with awesome young people from Kenya and Zimbabwe and talk about how to engage young people in civil society and democracy. There will be a focus on equal partnerships and how to create sustainable projects within your organization. The seminar will be around 2 weeks with lots of time to get to know each other and know more about Kenya, where the seminar will be held.
- We expect from you that you afterwards will do a project in your organization that focuses on democracy, dialogue, and/or youth participation. At the seminar in Kenya, we will kickstart the idea for the project. You can afterwards get advice from the DUF office to implement the project.
- The language will be in English to make sure that all participants have the same conceptual understanding of the themes in Denmark, Kenya and Zimbabwe.
The Danish PARTICIPATE team:
- The team will consist of 14 highly motivated young people from 7 different DUF member organizations
Dates for the Learning Lab:
- 30th of August from 16:30 - 20:00
- 18th of September from 11:00 - 17:00
- 11th of October from 16:30 - 20:00
We will serve dinner/lunch and refreshments at all the workshops and you do not need to prepare anything.
Dates for the international PARTICIPATE seminar in Kenya:
- 16th of October to the 30th of October
- The dates cover both travel days and the seminar.
- DUF cover all costs (Transportation national and international, food, vaccinations, insurance, Visa etc.)
- Highly motivated, wanting to network and learn more.
- Age between 18-30
- Be able to participate in the “Learning Lab” and the international PARTICIPATE seminar in Kenya.
- Be a volunteer in one of DUFs member organization
- You need to apply two and two together form the same DUF member organization
- It is not a requirement that you have a lot of knowledge and experience with global networks and international projects. The focus is on learning and participation. All you need is to be motivated, eager to learn and wanting to meet peers from Kenya and Zimbabwe.
- The application should be made together with your co-volunteer from the organization. It must consist of:
- Your motivation for participating in the youth network PARTICIPATE
- How your organization can benefit from your participation
- There is free application method – Send a motivation letter, power point presentation, movie, pictures, a collage, podcast, paintings, scrapbook, brochure etc.
- No need to send a CV or list of achievements – we value engagement, commitment, and motivation.
Application deadline the 3rd of July 2022 at 20.00.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Apply here via this form.
Questions can be forwarded to: Nina Madsen at firstname.lastname@example.org and 60 40 14 05 or Celine Jagd at email@example.com and 60 20 14 12