Call for members of Youth Sounding Boards
For Arabic click here
Do you want to promote youth involvement in development projects? Do you have ideas and perspectives on how to improve the lives of young people in your country? Do you want to share your opinions and give feedback on activities supported by the Danish-Arab Partnership Programme (DAPP)? Then we need you onboard.
We offer you a chance to become a member of a Youth Sounding Board in your home country providing feedback on the activities implemented by the partners of the Danish-Arab Partnership Programme (DAPP). As a member of the Youth Sounding Board, you will receive personal training and become a part of a vibrant youth network in the region, working to enhance youth empowerment and youth participation in Tunisia, Morocco, Jordan and Egypt.
What are the Youth Sounding Boards?
The Youth Sounding Boards are a way of creating meaningful youth inclusion in DAPP activities and to ensure that activities are conducted with, by and for youth. Therefore, you will be asked to share your opinion, thoughts, and ideas on the programme and how the programme contributes to improve the life of young people. In each of the four DAPP countries (Tunisia, Morocco, Jordan and Egypt), a Youth Sounding Board is being established, consisting of 4 young people from each country.
As a member of one of the Youth Sounding Boards, you will participate in a preparation seminar in Denmark, where you will receive training in facilitation, interviewing and dialogue. You will also be introduced to a theoretical framework on youth inclusion and receive a practical toolbox.
The Youth Sounding Board members will:
- Participate in one week training programme in Denmark, focusing on youth involvement and empowerment. You will be introduced to theoretical frameworks, practical toolboxes and you will gain personal competences within dialogue, public speaking, and facilitation.
- Participate in one annual regional meeting in Tunisia or Jordan, and approximately four annual meetings in your home country.
- Participate in project visits to observe and interview volunteers, partners and other youth participating in the DAPP activities.
- Share your ideas, opinions, and thoughts on these activities and on how youth involvement can be strengthened and how activities can be improved in order to create a better life for youth.
Who are you?
We aim to create Youth Sounding Boards that are inclusive and diverse. Therefore, we encourage you to apply regardless of your area of age, interests, gender, ethnicity, religion, and socio-economic background. Candidates with special needs or representing minority groups are encouraged to apply.
All candidates must be between the age of 18-30 by the end of the application period. You must be a resident in one of the eligible countries (Tunisia, Jordan, Morocco, or Egypt). Furthermore, we expect you to participate in a seminar in Denmark in the end of November 2022.
The candidates will be selected based on the:
- Experience in youth empowerment or youth participation.
- Motivation to strengthen youth participation or to improve the lives of youth.
- Motivation and creativity to provide ideas and inspiration.
- English language skills are an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Willingness to be a part of the board from 2022 to 2027.
Other practical details:
- All cost (food, transportation, visa, hotel) in relation to meetings, project visits and seminars will be covered.
How to apply:
You apply by completing the following steps:
- Fill the application form
- Create a short video (max. 2 min) where you motivate your application
- Send your application and video by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is an advantage to fill the application form and do the motivation video in English. Your application must be submitted no later than 1st of October 2022. Applicants shortlisted for interviews, will be invited for online interviews which will be held 3rd -14th of October.
If you have any questions or inquiries, please contact email@example.com.