Call for new member of Tunisian Youth Sounding Board
Do you want to promote youth involvement in development projects? Do you have ideas and perspectives on how to improve the lives of young people in Tunisia? Do you want to share your opinions and give feedback on activities supported by the Danish-Arab Partnership Programme (DAPP)? Are you a resident of Tunisia? Then, we need you onboard.
(For Arabic, see below)
We offer you a chance to become a member of a Youth Sounding Board in Tunisia providing feedback on the activities implemented by the partners of the Danish-Arab Partnership Programme (DAPP). As a member of the Youth Sounding Board, you will receive personal training and become a part of a vibrant youth network in the region, working to enhance youth empowerment and youth participation in Tunisia, Morocco, Jordan, and Egypt.
What is the Youth Sounding Board?
The Youth Sounding Boards are a way of creating meaningful youth inclusion in DAPP activities and to ensure that activities are conducted with, by and for youth. Therefore, you will be asked to share your opinion, thoughts, and ideas on the programme and how the programme contributes to improve the life of young people. In each of the four DAPP countries (Tunisia, Morocco, Jordan and Egypt), a Youth Sounding Board was established in 2022, consisting of 4 young people from each country. Now we need a new member to join the Tunisian board.
As a member of one of the Youth Sounding Boards, you will be introduced to a theoretical framework on youth inclusion and receive a practical toolbox.
The Youth Sounding Board members will:
- Participate in one annual regional meeting in Tunisia or Jordan, and approximately four annual meetings in your home country.
- Participate in project visits to observe and interview volunteers, partners and other youth participating in the DAPP activities.
- Share your ideas, opinions, and thoughts on these activities and on how youth involvement can be strengthened and how activities can be improved to create a better life for youth.
Who are you?
We aim to create Youth Sounding Boards that are inclusive and diverse. Therefore, we encourage you to apply regardless of your area of age, interests, gender, ethnicity, religion, and socio-economic background. Candidates with special needs or representing minority groups are encouraged to apply.
All candidates must be between the age of 18-30 by the end of the application period. You must be a resident in Tunisia.
The candidates will be selected based on the:
- Experience in youth empowerment or youth participation.
- Motivation to strengthen youth participation or to improve the lives of youth.
- Motivation and creativity to provide ideas and inspiration.
- English language skills are an advantage, but not a requirement.
- Willingness to be a part of the board from 2024 to 2027.
Other practical details:
- All costs (food, transportation, visa, hotel) in relation to meetings, project visits and seminars will be covered.
How to apply:
You apply by completing the following steps no later than the 16th of November 2023:
- Fill in the application form
- Create a short video (max. 2 min) where you motivate your application
- Send your application and video by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is an advantage to fill the application form and do the motivation video in English.
You application must be submitted no later than 16th of November 2023. Applicants shortlisted for interviews will be invited for online interviews held on the 29th and 30th of November 2023.
If you have any questions or inquiries, please contact email@example.com.